How is Privacy Managed?
Cogito Group is bound by the following privacy principle’s which regulate the way we handle your personal and sensitive information:
- The Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) which includes 13 Australian Privacy Principles
- The Privacy Act 2020 which includes 13 New Zealand Privacy Principles
- The United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 2018, which is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation
If you would like to complain about a breach of Privacy Principles, you may contact our Privacy Officer at the details on the bottom of the page.
We will respond to complaints within a reasonable period of time (usually 30 days).
If you disagree with our decision, you may refer your complaint to:
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner by visiting https://privacy.org.nz/your-rights/making-a-complaint/, calling 0800 803 909 or by emailing [email protected]
Definition of Personal Information
‘Personal information’ is to mean any information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you and request its correction if it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. You may do so by contacting our Privacy Officer at the details below.
In some cases, in accordance with the Privacy Act, we may charge you a fee for access to personal information we hold about you or refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you.
How we Store Your Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the personal information we hold. We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, including the use of encryption technology. We take all reasonable steps to ensure your information is secure from loss, interference, modification, misuse, unauthorised access, and disclosure. All access to personal information is by authorised staff only and is carefully monitored.
How is Personal Information Collected?
We collect information from clients to provide a range of services.
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, related purposes, and other purposes including:
- providing the services that our clients have requested;
- maintaining, managing and developing our relationship with clients and potential clients;
- service development, security and risk management;
- marketing our services, administering and operating purposes
- organisation of events;
- assessing and considering applications from prospective employees, contractors and service providers;
- developing and managing relationships with our employees, contractors and service providers;
If you would like more information about the way we manage personal information, would like to request access
to or correction of personal information that we hold about you, or wish to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer:
- Post – Attention “Privacy Officer” PO Box 4294, Kingston ACT 2604; or
- Telephone – 1800 COGITO (264486)
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT JELLYFISH?
1800 COGITO (264486)
or +61 2 6140 4494
0800 COGITO (264486)
or +64 4909 7580
Auckland | Brisbane | Canberra
London | Melbourne | Sydney
Washington DC | Wellington